Please read these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) carefully. The Terms set out below apply to all participants entering the Engen QuickShop ‘Turbo Charge Your 2020’ Competition (“the Competition”) conducted by Engen Petroleum Limited, ("the Promoter"). If you do not agree to be bound by any or all of these Terms, please refrain from entering the Competition. Instructions on how to enter into the Competition, and all prizes, form part of the Terms. Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of the Terms.
Entries not complying with any of the Terms will be invalid and be of no force and effect.
1. The Competition is open to all persons over the age of eighteen (18) years residing in the Republic of South Africa, except directors, members, business partners, employees of the Promoter or its sales agents, advertising agencies staff, advisors, consultants, associated companies, service providers and the immediate family members of aforesaid persons (including, but not limited to, spouse, life partners, parents, children, brothers and sisters). The Competition also excludes the Promoter’s service station operators, staff and their immediate families.
2. The Competition will commence on 00:01am 01 January 2020 and will end on 29 February 2020 at 23:59pm. Any entries received outside of the official Competition duration will be deemed invalid, and will be disqualified automatically.
3. Entry Mechanism: In order to enter the Competition, the customer must purchase a qualifying combo from the Promoter’s participating QuickShops nationwide and provide the cashiers with their cellphone number. Kindly retain receipt as proof of purchase.
The qualifying combos include:
Offers valid from :1 January 2020 – 29 February 2020
- 2 x 250ml Red Bull - R30.00
- 2 x 750ml Bonaqua Pump Still - R17.50
- 2 x 750ml Bonaqua Pump Flavours - R17.90
- 2 x 300ml Coke Cans Full sugar - R18.00
- 2 x 300ml Coke Cans Lites - R17.50
- 2 x 62g Lunch Bar - R23.00
- 2 x 14 Slab Stimorol Infinity Bubble Gum - R29.00
- 200ml Nestle Milo (BUY 3) - R24.00
- 2 x 125ml/135ml Nestle & Cadbury Ice Cream Cones - R38.00
- 2 x Pringles 42g - R22.00
- Albany Bread 700g White - Each - R15.70
- Albany Bread 700g Brown - Each - R14.70
- 2 x Doritos 150g - R35.90
- 2 x 500ml Powerade - R23.00
- 2 x 500ml Powerade lites - R21.50
- 3 x 300ml Oros - R25.00
- 2 x 350ml Fruitree - R22.50
- 2 x 90ml /100ml Ola Paddle Pop - R28.00
- 2 x 330ml Tropika - R24.00
- 2 x 40g Cubitos Flavoured Cheddar Cheese - R24.00
- 2 x 58g – 90g Nestle Countlines Large (58g Tex, 90g Bar One, 70g -Smarties) R26.00
- 2 x 120g Beacon Milk Chocolate Slab - R34.00
- 5 x Kelloggs Noodles - R25.00
- Crackly's Biltong Snackpack & Cashew - Each - R39.95
- 2 x Tinkies Soft Cake - R12.00
- 2 x Safari Peanuts & Peanuts & Raising 60g - R13.00
- 250ml Liquifruit + 50g Big Korn Bites - R13.90
- 40g Jungle Energy Bars (BUY 3) SMS and win 1 of 2 Fat Bikes. T&C's apply. Visit engen.co.za - R28.00
All qualifying deals are valid until 23:59pm on 29 February 2020 except where monthly combos apply. While stocks last.
4.1 The total value of the prize pool is R400 000, comprised of 20 x cash prizes of R20 000 each.
4.2 Winners will be drawn weekly, within fourteen (14) days of entering. All prize draws will be monitored, verified and certified by the Promoter’s auditors.
4.3 Draws will be undertaken according to the following schedule:
Entries from 1 January 2020 – 5 January 2020: 2 winners will be drawn
Entries from 6 January 2020 – 12 January 2020: 2 winners will be drawn
Entries from 13 January 2020 – 19 January 2020: 2 winners will be drawn
Entries from 20 January 2020 – 26 January 2020: 2 winners will be drawn
Entries from 27 January 2020 – 2 February 2020: 2 winners will be drawn
Entries from 3 February 2020 – 9 February 2020: 2 winners will be drawn
Entries from 10 February 2020 – 16 February 2020: 2 winners will be drawn
Entries from 17 February 2020 – 23 February 2020: 2 winners will be drawn
Entries from 24 February 2020 – 29 February 2020: 4 winners will be drawn
4.4 No winner is allowed to win more than one cash prize and will be automatically eliminated once drawn.
5. PRIZE CLAIMS
5.1 Winners will be contacted telephonically on the cellphone number used to enter the Competition, within one week after the relevant draw has taken place. Winners who are not contactable on the cellphone number used to enter the Competition within five (5) days of the draw having taken place will result in the winner forfeiting the prize and the prize being awarded to a runner up.
5.2 Winners who are successfully contacted telephonically will then be sent an SMS containing a link to a microsite. Winners will be required to complete a form on the microsite. The form also requires winners to nominate a bank account held in their name into which the prize money can be paid; upload a copy of their ID Document; and upload verification that said bank account is held in the winner’s name. Failure to complete the form, or submit the required documentation, within seven (7) days, will result in the winner forfeiting the prize and the prize being awarded to a runner up.
5.3 Payment of the prize will be made within 2 business days of the winner completing the form and supplying the required documentation.
5.4 Payment of the prize will be made via electronic fund transfer.
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax commitments arising from the acceptance of a prize and independent financial advice should be sought for such purpose.
7. The prizes are not transferable. No substitution or assignment of the prize is permitted. Prizes will under no circumstances be handed over to a third party and will only be transferred directly to the verified prize winner.
8. All entrants, by taking part in this Competition, indemnify the Promoter, its directors, employees, contractors, advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and agents against any and all claims arising from the use of the prize, including, but not limited to: accident, injury, harm or loss.
9. The Promoter’s decisions on all issues regarding this Competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Winners names will be published on the Promoter’s website: www.engen.co.za, should winners opt not to have their names published then only an initial and surname will be published so as not to make the winner identifiable.
11. By entering this Competition, you authorise the Promoter to collect, store and use (not share) your personal information for communication or statistical purposes. You are entitled to decline any marketing communication. Information will be retained for thirty (30) days beyond the closing date of the competition in order to satisfy the requirements of drawing, and validating, the required number of winners.
12. Winners may be required to take part in publicity campaigns for broadcasting or publishing purposes. Winners or participants shall at all times be entitled to decline the above request. Winners or participants who take part in any publicity will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity.
13. The Promoters may require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such winner will be deemed to have rejected the Giveaway and it shall revert back to the Promoters.
14. The Promoters are not liable for any technical failure that may result in the Competition entry not being successfully submitted. Any give away, Prize or free item is accepted by any winner at his/her own risk. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoter.
15. The Promoter and their promotional and advertising agents, merchandisers and organisers shall not be responsible for any subsequent decline of acceptance of prizes for any reason. For further information or enquiries please contact the Promoter’s Consumer Services on 0800 036 436. The customer helpline will operate during normal business hours, 08:30 - 17:00, from Monday to Friday, excluding official national public holidays in South Africa. Calls charged at Standard Rates.
16. Entry implies acceptance of all the above Terms.
Terms and Conditions +
1.1 In these Competition Rules, the following definitions apply (unless the context clearly indicates a contrary intention):
1.1.1 “the Act” means the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008
1.1.2 "Business Day" means a day other than a Saturday or a Sunday or a day which from time to time is a proclaimed public holiday in the Republic of South Africa
1.1.3 “Competition Rules” means these rules, as required by Section 36 of the Act
1.1.4 “Participant” means an individual who enters the Promotional Competition and meets the criteria set out in any natural person who qualifies in terms of clause 4.1
1.1.5 “POPI” means the Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013
1.1.6 “Promoters” means Tiger Consumer Brands Limited and ENGEN and PESSO marketing agency
1.1.7 “Promotional Competition” means the competition to which these rules pertain to as run by the Promoter during the Promotion Period
1.1.8 “Promotion Period” means the period starts on 1 January 2020, and closes on 29 February 2020, at 00h00. No late entries will be accepted
1.1.9 “Prize” means as further described in clause 6
1.1.10 “Redeemable Period” means the period that the Participants have to redeem their Prize being 11th April to 18th April 2020; and
1.1.11 “Winner” means a Participant who is successful in the Promotional Competition and is notified as such by the Promoter in terms of clause 7.
2.1 The Promoters are offering a Promotional Competition in terms of which the Participants can enter the Promotional Competition in order to win the Prize, in terms of the Competition Rules set out herein.
3 The Consumer Protection Act
3.1 The Competition Rules contain certain terms and conditions which may:-
3.1.1 limit the risk or liability of the Promoters, or any relevant third party; and or
3.1.2 create risk or liability for the Participant; and or
3.1.3 compel the Participant to indemnify the Promoters or a relevant third party; and or
3.1.4 serve as an acknowledgement, by the Participant, of certain facts.
4 The Participant
4.1 The Participant must be;
4.1.1 a natural person and may not be a juristic person;
4.1.2 18 years or older; and
4.1.3 a permanent resident or a citizen of the Republic of South Africa.
4.2 The Participant, by entering into the Promotional Competition, expressly acknowledges that he / she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read the Competition Rules before entering the Promotional Competition and that he / she understands and thereby agrees to the Competition Rules.
4.3 It is a material term of the Promotional Competition that all Participants’ to this Promotional Competition participate entirely at their own risk.
4.4 No director, employee, agent or consultant of the Promotor(s), or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, or the supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition may participate in this competition.
5 How to enter
5.1 To enter this competition Participants must buy any 3 Jungle Energy Bar products (Jungle Energy Bar Peanut Butter 47g, Jungle Energy Bar Yoghurt 40g, Jungle Energy Bar Nuts 40g, Jungle Energy Bar Berries 40g, Jungle Energy Bar Dark Chocolate 40g, Jungle Energy Bar Milk Chocolate 40g, Jungle Energy Bar Lite Citrus 40g, Jungle Energy Bar lite Cranberry 40g, Jungle Energy Bar Lite Nuts 40g) at an advertised price at any participating ENGEN Quick Shop. The Participants must use the unique code provided on the till slip and SMS “JUNGLE ENERGY”, their name and unique till slip number to 45322. SMS charged costs R1.00 Free minutes, SMSes and SMS bundles do not apply.
5.2 The Promoters are not liable for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotional competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
5.3 Entries which are unclear, illegible or contain errors will be declared invalid.
6 The Prize
6.1 The Prize is one of 2 (two) Fat Bikes to the retail value of R6 999.90 each. Prizes are not transferable. No Cash or alternatives will be offered for the prize in whole or part. The winners accept the prize at their own risk. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoters reserve the right to substitute the prize with a prize of the same or greater value.
6.2 The Winners will be selected by an audited random draw and will be notified telephonically within four weeks of the selection having taken place. In the event that any of the Winners cannot be successfully contacted following all reasonable attempts to do so the Promoters reserves the right to draw another Winner in substitution. The names of the Winners will be available on the consumer care line. Any queries in this regard may be directed to the Tiger Brands consumer care line 0860101107.
6.3 Any prize not redeemed for any reason from 11 April to 18 April 2020 will be forfeited.
7 The Winner
7.1 There will be 2 winners selected.
7.2 By participating in the Promotional Competition, the Winner hereby accepts that the Winner will be asked to take part in further publicity relating to the Promotional Competition, with the Winner’s permission, the Promoters may incorporate the Winner in publicity campaigns or allow their names and likenesses to be used for promotional purposes aligned with the Promoters' business, including but not limited to posting photos to the Promoters' website, Facebook and other social media pages.
7.3 The Winners may be required to sign a waiver of liability and indemnity before claiming their prizes.
7.4 All Winners will be required to provide their names, ID numbers and contact details and to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of the Prize.
7.5 The Participants consent, by taking part in the competition to the Promoters using the personal information collected through the competition to adjudicate the competition and for future marketing purposes by the Promoters themselves.
7.6 Where Participants / Winners consent to take part in the Promoters' publicity campaigns, they will not be entitled to any remuneration for such participation and all materials arising from such participation will be the sole property of the Promoters.
8 The Rules
8.1 The following rules apply to the Promotional Competition:-
8.1.1 the Participants must provide correct and up-to-date personal details as required by the Promoter with each referral sent to the Promoter and allow the Promoter to process such information in terms of POPI;
8.1.2 the Promoters reserves the right to amend these Competition Rules by bringing it to the Participants attention within a reasonable period of time and may terminate the Promotional Competition at any time. In such event, where the Promotional Competition is terminated or suspended, all Participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Promotional Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the Promoters, their employees, agents, partners, suppliers, or sponsors;
8.1.3 in the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoters will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. In this regard and for further clarity, the Promoters shall be entitled to deal with such disputes (or any failure by Participants to follow the rules) in their sole discretion, including that the Promoters shall be entitled to immediately disqualify Participants from this Promotional Competition.
8.1.4 Unlawful, fraudulent, or otherwise dishonest conduct or any conduct in breach of these Rules by a Participant and / or their parents / guardians, determined in the Promoter’s sole discretion, may result in disqualification from the Promotional Competition and ineligibility to win any prize.
9.1 By entering into the Promotional Competition, the Participant expressly agrees to the following indemnifications:
9.1.1 the Participant indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoters and it’s promotional partners, their employees and their agents (“the Indemnified Parties”) of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising as a result of their participation in the Promotional Competition and related events and activities, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy; and
9.1.2 the Participant accepts that the Indemnified Parties will not be responsible for any costs, damage or otherwise, howsoever incurred by the Winner subsequent to claiming the Prize.
10 Prize Qualification Rules
10.1 A Prize may not be handed over to a winner when it is prohibited by law for the winner to use the prize. The Winner must prove their eligibility to use the prize. Once the Winner has been notified and the prize has been handed over, the Winner must sign an acknowledgement of receiving the Prize.
10.2 The Winner must provide valid proof of identity (a green bar-coded ID book, passport or drivers licence).
10.3 Any extras not included in the Prize as detailed above will be at the expense of the winner.
10.4 The Promoters reserves the right to substitute the Prize with any other prize of similar commercial value to the Prize offered herein, at its sole discretion.
10.5 For further information or enquiries please email consumer services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 086 010 O878. Calls to this number will be charged by your cellular network service provider.
11.1 Any personal data relating to the Winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Act (defined above) and POPI and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
11.2 This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
11.3 The Participant by part taking in the Promotional Competition consents to his / her personal information to be shared with the Promoters' employees, contractors or agents for the purpose of this Promotional Competition and for the purpose of sharing future promotions.