Sizzlin' Summer Savings Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions +
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) carefully. The Terms set out below apply to all participants entering the Engen Big Blue Bonanza Competition (“Competition”) conducted by Engen Petroleum Limited ("Promoter"). If you do not agree to be bound by all of the Terms, then please refrain from entering the Competition. Instructions on how to enter into the Competition and all prizes form part of the Terms. Participation in the Competition is deemed to be your acceptance of the Terms and an acknowledgement of your legal capacity to enter the Competition. Entries not complying with any of the Terms will be invalid and be of no force and effect.
THE COMPETITION, INCLUDING ALL PRIZES, ARE NOT SPONSORED BY ANY ENTITY THAT HOLDS A RETAIL LICENSE OR THAT SELLS PETROL OR DIESEL AT ANY OF THE PROMOTOR’S PARTICIPATING SERVICE STATIONS
1. Eligible Contestants: The Competition is open to all South African permanent residents and all South African citizens over the age of 18, except for Excluded Contestants (“Eligible Contestants”), at the Promotor’s participating service stations. The Competition will only take place in the Republic of South Africa.
2. Excluded Contestants: The Competition is not open to the directors, the members, the business partners, and the employees of the Promoter, and the Promotor’s sales agents, advertising agency staff, advisors, consultants, associated companies, and the supplier of any goods or services in connection with the Competition, and the immediate family members of aforesaid persons (including, but not limited to, spouses, life partners, parents and children), and any other person who is controlled directly or indirectly by the Promotor, as well as the associated companies of entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph 2, including holding companies and subsidiaries, their employees, agents, subsidiaries and consultants. The Competition is also not open to any of the Promotors service station operators, staff and their immediate families (including, but not limited to, spouses, life partners, parents and children).
3. Duration: The Competition will commence on the Monday, 29 July 2019 at 00h01 and will end on Saturday, 30 November 2019 at 23h59 (“Duration”).
4. Entries outside of the Duration: Any entries received outside of the Duration of the Competition will be deemed invalid, will be disqualified automatically, and will not be considered.
5. Entry Mechanism: In order to enter the Competition, an Eligible Contestant must -
i. Purchase R400.00 (four hundred rand) or more worth of Petrol or Diesel at any of the Promotor’s participating service stations located in the Republic of South Africa (“Fuel Transaction”) within the Duration of the Competition; and
ii. dial *120*86716#, enter a valid South African ID number and must answer some questions. The questions cover topics such as where the Province in which the Eligible Contestant ordinarily resides, the reasons why the Eligible Contestant chose to purchase Petrol or Diesel at the Promotor’s participating service station, what made the Eligible Contestant want to fill up at the Promoter’s participating service station concerned etc. The participant will then be successfully entered into the Competition. Do not send an SMS to *120*86716#.
6. Entry Conditions: The following additional conditions will apply to all entries:
i. Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (“USSD”) entries cost 20c (twenty cents) per 20 (twenty) seconds.
ii. Free minutes do not apply.
iii. Incomplete entries may be billed by your service provider.
iv. The Promoter shall not be responsible for telecommunication failure on the part of the Eligible Contestant’s service provider.
v. Due to network restrictions, the USSD session will timeout after 120 (one hundred and twenty) seconds. If an Eligible Contestant successfully enters the barcode before the session times out, their entry will be considered valid.
vi. An Eligible Contestant must enter on a cell phone that is owned and registered to that Eligible Contestant. No other person can use another person’s cell phone for the entry into the Competition. If it is discovered that an Eligible Contestant has entered on a cell phone that is not registered to that Eligible Contestant, he/she will automatically cease to be an Eligible Contestant, will be disqualified, and will be required to refund to the Promoter any prize(s) that such Eligible Contestant may have received from the Promoter. This is to avoid fraud and ensure compliance to the Consumer Protection Act, 2009.
vii. An Eligible Contestant is expected to be the owner of that cell phone and no person can enter the Competition using more than one cell phone number. This is to avoid additional fraud being conducted by multiple SIM card owners.
viii. The cell phone number is key to all entries. If an Eligible Contestant has won on a cell phone number, they cannot use another cell phone number in order to be contacted further. Eligible Contestants must enter using a phone number that is contactable during office hours i.e. 08h00 to 17h00, Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays.
7. Number of entries: Eligible Contestants are allowed to enter as many times as they like, but only from one cell phone number. Eligible Contestants are only eligible to win once for the Duration of the Competition, and only one entry will be allowed for each Fuel Transaction.
8. Prize: Eligible Contestants stand a chance to win their share of R360 000.00 (three hundred and sixty thousand rand) in prizes. There will be 36 (thirty-six) fuel vouchers to the value of R10 000.00 (ten thousand rand) each up for grabs. Two Winners will be selected each week during the Duration of the Competition.
9. Selection and contact of a Winner: A Winner/s of a prize (“Winner” or “Winners”):
i. A Winner will be selected from the pool of valid entries of Eligible Contestants.
ii. A Winner will be randomly selected by means of an electronic random draw every Monday for the Duration of the Competition.
iii. The draws will take into consideration all entries received on the day on which the last draw was conducted up until the day before the next draw.
iv. The last draw will take place on Monday, 02 December 2019 and the last Winner will be announced on 09 December 2019.
v. The Promotor or a company nominated by the Promotor will contact a potential prize Winner by telephone (“Telephone Call”) to the cell phone number used to enter the Competition by that potential prize Winner. Such contacted potential prize Winner will then be required to provide proof of the Fuel Transaction, a copy of their ID and a finalist form (which will be provided by the Promotor or a company nominated by the Promotor) within 24 hours from receiving the Telephone Call by the Promotor or a company nominated by the Promotor, failing which they will not be selected as a Winner.
vi. A potential prize Winner is not an actual Winner until his/her status as an Eligible Contestant is confirmed, their entry submission is validated and his/her qualifying documents (including proof of the Fuel Transaction) are completed and submitted to the Promotor or someone nominated by the Promoter.
vii. Three attempts will be made to contact each potential Winner. Should he/she not be reachable, the prize will automatically go to the next name drawn. This will continue until all Winners are determined.
viii. Upon receipt of the Telephone Call, the potential prize Winner may be required to provide his/her name, surname, email address (if available), and alternative telephone number (i.e. a telephone number in addition to the number used to enter the Competition). This will be used to verify the identity of the potential prize Winner and to ensure that he/she is and Eligible Contestant.
ix. At the time of the Telephone Call, the potential prize Winner may be required to answer several questions about his/her eligibility.
x. If a potential prize Winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, then the prize will be forfeited and awarded to another Eligible Contestant selected in accordance with the provisions of the Terms.
10. Publication of Winner(s): Eligible Contestants that are selected as Winners consent to having their names published in the following media -
i. on the Promotor’s website i.e. www.engen.co.za.;
ii. via sms and sent to the entire database of Eligible Contestants;
iii. via the Promotor’s Facebook page; and
iv. on radio.
11. Further Participation by a Winner: The Promoter may, after a Winner has been publicly announced, request that such Winner agrees in writing or otherwise to endorse, promote and advertise the goods or services of the Promoter, at no cost or expense to the Winner. The Winner may also be required to take part in publicity campaigns for broadcasting or publishing purposes, but will be requested to consent to having their photograph taken for all press releases and/or social media. All Winners have the right to decline such a request.
12. Winner Photograph: The Winner may be requested to consent to having their photograph taken for all press releases and/or social media. As a Winner, you have the right to decline such a request.
13. Forfeiture of the prize: The courier will attempt to deliver the prize twice. If the delivery is unsuccessful, the prize will be returned, and it will be the Winner’s responsibility to claim or collect the prize. If a prize has not been claimed or collected after 72 (seventy two) hours of it being allocated to a Winner, or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the Winner to claim the prize, then the prize will be forfeited and will be allocated to a new Eligible Contestant that is selected in accordance with the provisions of the Terms. The Promoter and its promotional and advertising agents, merchandisers and organisers shall not be responsible for any decline of acceptance of prizes for any reason.
14. Indemnification: All Eligible Contestants and Winners indemnify the Promoter, its directors, employees, contractors, advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and agents against any risks, loss, claims or ownership arising from -
i. the use or disposal of the prize including, but not limited to, accident, injury, harm, or loss;
ii. their participation in the Competition, including any costs associated with such participation;
iii. any subsequent transfer or exchange of the prize; and/or iv. any lawful cancellation or termination of the Competition or the correction of any errors or omissions within the Duration of the Competition.
15. Limitation of Liability: The Promotor shall not be liable or responsible if it is delayed or unable to perform any of its obligations of the Terms of this Competition for any reason, including but not limited to, stock unavailability, strike, lock out, destruction of a prize on route by any means, any civil commotion or disorder, riot, threat of war, any action taken by governmental authority or public authority of any kind, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earth quake or other acts of God.
16. No contesting Promotor’s Decisions: The Promoter’s decisions on all issues regarding the Competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter also reserves the right to -
i. correct any errors or omissions regarding the Competition, including on any published material; or
ii. suspend or terminate the Competition, on written notice at any time, and such cancellation or termination shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of such notice.
17. Use of Personal Information: Each participant who enters the Competition, authorises the Promoter or a company nominated by the Promotor, to collect, store and use their personal information as an entry mechanism, for communication, announcements of the Winner’s names and/or statistical purposes. The personal information collected will be stored by the Promoter after conclusion of the Competition for such period and to the extent permitted by law.
18. No co-sponsors: The owners/proprietors of the brand(s) associated with the prizes are in no way affiliated with the Competition and are not sponsors of this Competition.
19. Applicable law and jurisdiction: The Terms and any dispute arising from the Competition will be governed by South African law.
20. Contact the Promoter: For any queries, do contact the Promoter’s Customer Service Centre on 086 003 6436 during operating hours: Monday to Friday, 07h00 to 17h00, excluding Public Holidays.
Terms and Conditions +
1. This Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organized by Coca-Cola Africa (Proprietary) Limited and its agencies (“Promoter”).
2. The Competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 18 (eighteen) years in possession of a valid South African Identity Document or valid South African driver’s license or a valid Passport with the endorsed residence permit (“Participant/s/Entrant/s”), except any minor employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls, or is controlled by, the Promoter and/or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control or controlled by The Coca-Cola Company – or its agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated companies, and any Engen Limited company employee and/or their immediately family member (“Disqualified Persons”).
3. The Competition is only valid within South Africa. Participants must be within South Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a Winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
4. By entering the Competition, all Participants and Winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding the decision. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason that the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
5. The Competition commences on 1 November 2019 and ends on 31 December 2019 both days inclusive.
6. The prize includes the following:
a. 1 (one) of 25 (twenty five) Weber Genesis II 210
7. To stand a chance of winning any of the Prizes listed in clause 6a Participants must purchase any 2 (two) of the following products: any 440ml or 500ml Coca-Cola Sparkling, Coca-Cola No Caffeine, 750ml Bonaqua Pump, and 500ml Powerade (“Participating Product”) from any Engen garage (“Participating outlet”);
a. Dial *120*2653# from a registered prepaid cellphone number at a cost of 20c (twenty cents) per 20 (twenty) seconds. For clarity, a registered cellphone number is one that has been RICA’d and registered in the name of a Participant; and
b. Follow the text prompts to complete their entry;
c. Retain their till slip as proof of purchase.
(hereinafter referred to as an “Entry”). One entry per till slip number.
8. Due to network restrictions, USSD sessions time-out after 120 (one hundred and twenty) seconds (“USSD time-out”). If a Participant successfully enters their Code before the USSD time- out, their Entry will be considered valid.
9. All Prize Winners will be determined by random automatic selection draw. The Prizes draws will take place on the by no later than the 31st of January 2020.
10. Participants may enter the Competition as many times as they wish over the Competition period, provided that Participants complete the Competition entry steps set out in Rule 7 above each time.
11. WEBER BRAAI PRIZES
a. Participants stand a chance of winning 1 (one) Prize per household. Participants who have won a prize in a competition run by the Promoter in the past 6 (six) months, are not eligible to win a Prize.
b. The Promoter will call the possible finalists on the cellphone number used to enter the Competition. The possible finalist will be called once a day for 3 (three) days and if the Promoter is not able to contact the possible finalist during this time, the Promoter will move onto the next possible Winner.
c. The possible finalist will need to be verified and provide the Promoter with a certified copy of their South African ID/or valid Passport with their endorsed residences permit and complete a finalist form. Blurred or obscured copies will result in disqualification. The requested documents need to be sent within 24 (twenty four) hours if not done the finalist will be disqualified and the Promoter will move onto the next possible finalist.
d. If the possible finalists pass the verification process and submits the required documents stipulated in rule 11c above, they will be declared a Winner by the Promoter. The validity of such documentation is at the Promoter’s discretion.
e. The Prize will be couriered to the Winner’s chosen’s physical address within South Africa within 14 (fourteen) working days from being declared a Winner.
f. The Promoter will deliver within 2 (two) attempts and if the delivery fails the Prize will be returned to the Promoter and the Winner will need to arrange for collection at their own cost, within 5 (five) working days. If the Winner fails to collect the Prize, at their own cost, or fails to personally take up delivery of the Prize under clause 11e above, the Winner will then forfeit the Prize and the Promotor will move to the next finalist.
g. The Prize cannot be exchanged for any other model, and the Winner does not have the right to change the colour and/or specifications of the Prize.
h. The Prize does not include any extras nor any accessories.
i. All Prizes are awarded at the discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right, at its own discretion, to substitute a Prize with any other prize of comparable commercial value or an appropriate replacement value in the place of the Prize.
j. The Prizes are neither transferable nor redeemable for cash and the Promoter is not liable for any defect in the Prize.
k. No liability shall attach to the Promoter in relation to any claims, losses or liabilities for any loss of profit or any other direct and/or indirect, special or consequential loss arising out of any of the Prizes. The Promoter is not liable for any defects in the Prizes. Ownership of and risk in, and benefit attaching to, the Prizes will pass to the Winner immediately upon delivery.
12. In addition to any other the verification requirements set out in these Rules, the Promoter may require the Prize Winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification, as well as supply a copy of their valid South African ID or valid Passport with the endorsed residence permit within 24 (twenty four) hours of being confirmed a Winner, to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any Winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such Winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prizes and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
13. The Promoter may require the Winners to be identified and photographed and the photographs published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting their Prizes and/or after having received their Prizes. The Winners will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoters’ marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
14. Point of sale material is used to represent the Prizes for promotional illustrative purposes, and might differ from the actual Prizes awarded.
15. Entries that are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or from Disqualified Persons will be declared invalid.
16. All Participants and the Winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, their advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers and Bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to Coca Cola Africa (Propriety) Limited, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way in this Competition including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the Prizes.
17. All entrants that engage with the promotion information will not be shared with any third parties and are strictly kept with the Promoter. All Entrants will receive future communication from the Promoter and if the Entrant no longer wants to receive communication they can choose to Opt-out of the SMS and any other communication channels.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the competition and select Winners from the among all eligible entries received prior to the cancel.
19. By entering the competition all Participants agree to be bound by the rules, regulations and requirements set out in the promotional material. This competition is subject to South African law, and is not offered outside South Africa.
20. Competition entries are subject to the following conditions:
• All Entries from Disqualified Participants’ cell phone numbers will be rejected;
• No computer based entries will be accepted; and
• Any cell phone number that enters an incorrect Unique Code 5 (five) times in succession will be locked out of the competition for the entire Duration of the Competition (“Blocked Participants”). Blocked Participants have an opportunity to call the COLONYHQ Call Centre on 087 231 0128 between 09h00 to 17h00 Monday to Friday should there be a valid reason, which is acceptable by Promoter, for the Blocked Participants entering an incorrect Unique Code five (5) times in succession.
21. All queries in connection with the competition should be directed to Coca-Cola Customer Care Line on 0860 112 526.
22. A copy of the competition rules is available at no cost to the Participants and can be downloaded in printable form from www.coke.co.za and www.coca-cola.co.za