Engen offers customers various innovative packaging solutions to enable efficient transporting, storage and dispensing of our quality lubricants. These include our IPS Bags and Dispensing Solutions, which are a first for African lubricants and designed specifically for robust handling and ultimate product protection. Oil-on-Tap is an innovative kiosk that addresses daily inventory control and cash flow challenges for small- and medium-sized automotive and engineering companies. Our 20 Litre Square Plastic Pails offer increased packaging stability, better space utilisation and minimised label scuffing.
IPS is Engen’s innovative new system for transporting bulk lubricants. It is a first for lubricants in Africa and is scientifically engineered to offer solutions to issues experienced with long distance transportation, turnkey installations, including on site inventory management, contamination control and disposal.
The IPS container is a 1-way single use pack designed specifically for robust handling and ultimate product protection on the inside. It holds 900L of oil or 810kg of lubricating grease. Ideally it should be stored indoors but has been tested extensively for outside storage in the harsh African sun.
The container is constructed using a set of 5 layers of carefully selected material to protect product content during handling, filling, dispensing and storage. IPS can either be used in a fixed position (e.g. in a workshop) or in a mobile environment (e.g. 900L IPS moved around for various top-up jobs and oil changes).
What makes the Engen IPS the ideal transport, storage and dispensing solution for bulk lubricants?
- Cost Effective — It’s single use, which means no return freight, cleaning or maintenance costs.
- Convenience — One 900L IPS pack holds the equivalent of over 4 drums’ worth of lubricant, making it a big space saver. What’s more, you literally have your favourite lubricant on tap.
- Clean and Safe — It’s a sealed system so contaminants such as water and airborne particles can’t get in.
- Environmentally Friendly — Made from non-toxic materials, the entire unit is completely recyclable. You can also re-use it to transport your used lubricants.
IPS Dispensing Solutions
The IPS can be discharged through a winch system or by means of specialised dispensing stations.
1.Winch Unit - Using a winch or counter weight unit to stretch the bag allows complete draining. A special Camlok adaptor is required.
2. Single Product IPS Station
- This dispensing unit, which is used in conjunction with the IPS pack, includes a spill tray, meter, extended hose reel and multi-adaptable pump that use either 24 V or 220 V power.
- The hose real has an on-board metered nozzle so the output can be measured.
- Kidney filtration is an optional add on.
- This station can be used in a stationary position in a workshop environment or in a mobile position on the back of a truck or LDV to do “milk run” top ups of equipment.
3. Multi Product IPS Station
- This is the same as the single product IPS station except that four stations are joined on 1 platform with a large spill tray
- Accommodates up to four products e.g. 3 oils and 1 grease or 4 oils
4. Horizontal Product IPS Station
- This station was specifically designed for use in underground mining operations or applications where there is a restriction in height. Underground mines have a typical height restriction of 1.9 - 2.0m and the conventional station has a height of 2.3 m.
- Instead of the bag being lifted as with the other units, here the bag is pulled back over a roller system which enables the unit to work at heights of < 1.8 m.
- The benefit is that this unit allows mini-bulk to be transported and dispensed underground.
- Another major benefit is that once it is emptied, it also allows for the used oil to be collected underground & brought back to surface – environmentally responsible.
- The unit is a rigged steel spill tray design with hose reals, pumps, filters and meter options.
- This unit is for use with oil only.
Oil-on-Tap is an oil dispensing unit for small- and medium-sized automotive and engineering companies. The innovative kiosk aims to address daily inventory control and cash flow challenges often experienced by workshop management. A storage and dispensing cabinet, Oil-on-tap allows lubricants to be dispensed into a reusable jug and eliminates the use of packaged products and the disposal of used packaging. Furthermore, it uses mobile data technology and sensor equipment to remotely monitor oil use and transactions.
You can dispense the following lubricant product range:
- Automotive oils (Crankcase, gear and transmission, etc.)
- Industrial oils (Hydraulic and cutting fluids, etc.)
- Select auto care (Antifreeze, etc.)
1. Control and traceability
Whether you operate in a workshop environment, work within the engineering sector or act as a wholesaler to the general public, you can account for oil usage and view transactions remotely via the Internet. It’s all about staying informed.
An itemised billing system and transaction history is available on the keypad, which further enhances traceability. If required, we can send you a daily transaction report whereby you track oil product usage and link lubricants dispensed to actual work completed and cross reference with job cards.
2. Peace of mind
Manual inventory management of stock is substantially reduced as Oil-on-Tap provides storage and online control thereby eliminating potential pilferage.
3. Minimise the requirements for small packs
The purchase of loose or smaller packs of lubricant products (5l and 500ml) is minimised, which requires management time and stock control.
4. Dispensing volume range
The unit accurately dispenses lubricants from 100ml and more as and when required.
5. Cost competitiveness
Lubricant is dispensed at a competitive cost per litre. Overall costs of lubricant management is lowered.
The unit is provided free on loan. All services and maintenance costs will be borne by your Oil-on-Tap distributor. This, of course, excludes negligence.
Oil is always on hand as required. Your Oil-on-Tap distributor will take control of stock on hand, automated replenishment and billing. You needn’t place any lubricant orders. This reduces your administrative burden and effectively eliminates stock-outs. Note that replenishment of stock can be done at short notice or as and when required.
8. Quality assurance
Only quality Engen products that have the required specification endorsements are stored in the dispensing unit, ensuring peace of mind.
All units will be branded with the Engen logo giving you further security that a quality-guaranteed product has been supplied and dispensed by an approved Engen distributor.
The risk of inventory ownership and management of inventory resides with the Oil-on-Tap distributor – not you.
11. Itemised billing
The unit logs each transaction for oil dispensed. You will be provided with a web interface for all transactions regarding job management and control. These features are offered on Oil-on-Tap’s touch screen.
12. Cash flow
You only make a lubricant purchase as and when it’s required thereby ensuring that there’s no need for inventory holding costs – which is great for cash flow. Cash is king in today’s society!
13. Environmentally friendly
The use of the Oil-on-Tap unit and the subsequent dispensing of oil into a reusable jug eliminates the use of a packaged product as well as the disposal of used packaging.
14. In Summary
The Oil-on-Tap dispensing unit is an engineered advantage for your business, allowing quality control and quality products, convenience, improved cash flow and effective inventory control and reduced operating costs – all at competitive pricing.
Engen’s innovative new 20-litre bucket was a project inspired by an employee’s visit to a paint shop. When said employee saw how the 10-litre paint was packaged in a square container, he wondered why the same couldn’t be done for Engen lubricant products.
So from the beginning of the third quarter of 2014, Engen’s lubricant offerings changed from our more traditional generic tins, plastic jerry cans and plastic round buckets to the 20-litre square pail. Produced in South Africa for Engen by Pailpac, this innovation is more than just a little bit of “good news” for both customers and Engen alike.
Firstly, the 20-litre square pail offers increased packaging stability. In real terms this means that the pails are unlikely to fall over – either during transport or warehousing. Secondly, the units interlock, with the bottom of one pail fitting into the top of another. However, an added innovation is that they fit in side to side as well. This means good news point number three: increased space utilisation.
Another point of improvement is minimised label scuffing. So the exciting designs on Lubes products arrive in excellent condition. All of which results in a colourful, well-designed package, with an appearance that customers would want to display on a shop floor.
- Increased packaging stability
- Interlocked units
- Minimised label scuffing
- Increased space utilisation
- Detailed product information